Today’s product review spotlights a straightforward, useful, and chic wine refrigerator for use in homes, businesses, and social gatherings.
In addition to our full selection of suggested under-the-counter wine coolers, which can be found here, we will be reviewing the EdgeStar CWR302SZ 15 Inch Wide 30 Bottle Built-In Wine Cooler, which is a single zone cooler for under-the-counter and kitchen island placement (full buyers guide).
Back to the CWR302SZ, though!
We will examine the EdgeStar CWR302SZ’s technical specifications as well as its general appearance, construction standards, and value-added features. We will also discuss some reviews, advantages, disadvantages, and suggestions about it.
Find out if the EdgeStar CWR302SZ wine cooler is the one you ought to buy by reading on.
- Height – 32 inches
- Width – 15 inches
- Depth – 25.25 inches with handles
- Weight – 83 pounds (37.6 kg)
Capacity and Design:
Up to 30 typical Bordeaux bottles can be accommodated by the EdgeStar CWR302SZ. Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Zinfandel, and red blend wines should all come in 2.75″ Bordeaux bottles if you have a wine collection that includes them. Only keep standard 750 mL bottles in this wine refrigerator to get the most out of it.
The stainless steel-built wine cooler will contain your wine collection. A door made of tinted glass with black dots on it serves as UV protection on the front panel. This guarantees a clear view of your wines while ensuring that sunlight from the windows won’t affect them. A reversible door is another feature of the EdgeStar CWR302SZ to give you more options when installing the built-in wine fridge in your kitchen. The door can be set to open from the left or right side.
You can see the Edgestar logo, the LED temperature display, and the controls on the topmost panel through the glass door. Your wines can be stored on a total of 7 shelves. The wood-trimmed wire wine racks have a classy appearance.
We’ll examine the cooling capabilities and value-added features that make the EdgeStar CWR302SZ worthwhile for purchase now:
- Single Zone Operation– The wines that need the same storage temperature requirements can be stored in this wine refrigerator. The temperature can be set between 40 and 65 °F. A digital control panel that includes a power button, up and down buttons to change the temperature in degrees Fahrenheit or degrees Celsius, and a brightness button is used to control the temperature.
- Soft Blue LED light– Without putting the top-shelf wines in contact with any heat sources, this gentle light highlights your wine collection. The light also makes it easy to find your wine refrigerator after dark.
- UV protection– You don’t have to be concerned about harsh light or UV rays harming your wine collection thanks to this feature. The glass door’s black dots are intended to keep your wines safe while still giving you a clear view of them and maintaining a fashionable appearance.
- Fans for even cooling and ventilation– The wine refrigerator has ventilation fans built into the unit, which enables it to be installed under counters and surrounded by cabinetry. Additionally, it has internal fans that disperse cool air uniformly to prevent hot spots.
- Built-in or Freestanding– This wine cooler is fashionable enough to stand alone in your kitchen, dining room, or bar. You can also have it integrated into your islands and counters if the space is properly ventilated throughout. To fit the wine cooler, you will need to allot about an inch in height, weight, and depth.
- Slim Design– You’ll be happy to learn that this wine fridge is narrow if you don’t have much room for a built-in appliance. It can easily fit in other small under-counter spaces or the space designated for a trash compactor.
- Safety Lock– To prevent visitors and children from accessing your wine refrigerator without your permission, the door has an integrated lock. Additionally, this makes sure that you are the only one with access to your wine refrigerator’s temperature control.
- Door Ajar Alarm– To ensure that you are informed before your wine begins to heat up, the appliance has an alarm that sounds when the door has been open for an extended period of time.
- Carbon Filter– This feature eliminates odors in your wine cooler which can happen with prolonged storage of wines.
A one-year labor warranty and a one-year replacement warranty are included with the purchase of the EdgeStar CWR302SZ 30 Bottle Wine Cooler. When you need to have your wine fridge repaired or replaced, this value-added feature will come in handy.
One of the reasons satisfied customers bought this wine cooler was because of its aesthetic appeal. Customers have also noted that the EdgeStar CWR302SZ wine cooler is simple to install due to its narrow build and reversible door, which complements the overall build quality of the appliance.
- Wide temperature range
- Glass door with UV dots and door lock
- Digital controls with LED display and options for Celsius or Fahrenheit temp management
- Slim, narrow design that fits under counters
- Freestanding capable
- Odor control
- Proper ventilation and air circulation
- Energy-efficient, running at 120 watts
- Slide-out shelving
- Not outdoor approved
- Not for commercial use
- Non-adjustable shelves
The EdgeStar CWR302SZ has a dependable internal temperature and a solid build quality. The wine cooler also features a security lock to prevent kids from tampering with the controls and safety features like UV protection, ventilation, and proper air distribution to guarantee that your wines are maintained at the right temperature. The LED screen accurately displays the temperature level, and the controls are simple to use, making temperature control simple as well.
Because it is a narrow wine fridge with dimensions that make it simple to install in your kitchen, this wine refrigerator is best for use at home. You can install it under the counter next to wood cabinets with confidence because it is also well-ventilated. Its contemporary design makes it ideal for industrial or modern kitchen designs.
The EdgeStar CWR302SZ 15-inch, 30-Bottle Wine Cooler is a worthwhile investment if you only have a small selection of wines (you only want to store one type of wine at a time, such as reds, roses, or whites) that you want to highlight for entertaining guests or simply enjoying a wine collection at your fingertips.
EdgeStar stands behind this wine refrigerator and guarantees it with a strong labor and parts warranty, so you can be sure the business will be there for you.
Check out our guide to the top 9 EdgeStar wine coolers if you’re interested in finding more wine coolers from this manufacturer.
Roseanne is an avid wine enthusiast, and has been our expert wine connoisseur since day 1. She’s extremely informed about all varieties of wine and different types of wine fridges.