Are you looking for a vertically-mountable dual-zone wine cooler for your kitchen? A wine refrigerator that does just that is the subject of this product review. The EdgeStar TWR215ESS, a dual-zone wine cooler for freestanding installations in your kitchen, will be the subject of our review.
We will examine the wine cooler’s overall appearance, bottle capacity, cooling performance, some benefits and drawbacks, and a summary of all the customer reviews. This product review will definitely save you time if you don’t have enough time to read reviews and look up amazing wine-cooling products with the features you want at your budget price point.
- Height- Approximately 33 inches
- Width- Approximately 14 inches
- Depth- Approximately 22 inches with handles
- Weight- 46 pounds
Capacity and Design:
There are 21 standard 3″ Bordeaux bottles that can fit inside the EdgeStar TWR215ESS Dual Zone Wine Cooler (around 750mL). Six scalloped chrome shelves with 4 racks on the lower zone and 2 racks on the upper zone fit inside the wine cooler. At the base of the two distinct zones are the temperature panel and blue LED-lit temperature display. The panel has two separate temperature displays and manual temperature settings, allowing you to control the temperature settings for both zones. Your wines are also beautifully highlighted by the blue LED.
Through the double-paneled tinted glass door, the temperature is clearly visible from the outside. The EdgeStar design is evident in the wine refrigerator’s large handle and stainless steel-trimmed doors. To fit all 21 standard wine bottles, you won’t need to remove the shelves, but they are removable for simple cleanup. Large and wide wine bottles can be accommodated if desired by fitting them on the bottom shelf, only slightly reducing the wine cooler’s bottle capacity.
The leveling legs on the freestanding EdgeStar TWR215ESS allow it to be slightly raised off the ground. If you adhere to the space requirements, this will guarantee proper air ventilation all around the wine refrigerator. The EdgeStar TWR215ESS is ideal for a small room in your house, such as the kitchen or dining room. It won’t take up much room and complements modern, contemporary, and industrial kitchens beautifully.
The EdgeStar TWR215ESS 21-Bottle Wine Cooler is evidence that you do not necessarily need to spend a lot of money on a wine cooler in order to get the features you want. We wanted to emphasize the following significant factors regarding this wine cooler:
- Cost-Effective– This wine cooler is a smart purchase if you’re looking for a cheap wine cooler for your home. It is reasonably priced and has features that are frequently found in more expensive brands. Due to its low power consumption of only 140 watts, this wine cooler is also energy-efficient.
- Dual Zone– This inexpensive wine cooler’s dual-temperature zone operation is one of its best features. This implies that you can store both red and white wines in the same wine cooler but in separate compartments. Around 6 wines can fit in the upper zone while 15 can fit in the lower zone.
- LED Temperature Displays– You can easily store wines that require different temperatures in this wine cooler thanks to its two different temperature displays. Remember that the displayed temperatures are limited to Fahrenheit. You can change the settings using up and down arrow controls that are clearly labeled for the lower and upper zones. The temperature ranges from 46 to 64°F.
- Even Cooling– Large internal fans are a standard component of EdgeStar wine coolers, ensuring proper air distribution and absence of hot spots.
- Sun Protection– The door of the wine cooler is one long glass panel with no partition separating the two zones. The temperature panel is what divides your wine cooler’s two temperature zones. To ensure that the glass won’t break easily and to shield your wines from damaging UV light, EdgeStar made sure to include a double-paneled tempered glass.
- Vibration-Free– Your stored wines could be ruined by vibration. EdgeStar chose thermoelectric cooling as a solution to avoid this because it regulates temperature effectively without introducing vibrations.
The inexpensive wine cooler is supported by a one-year parts warranty. Remember that the labor warranty is only valid for 90 days. This could be problematic because, as is the case with this wine cooler, local repairmen frequently cannot handle wine coolers or other appliances without compressors.
Before needing replacements or repairs, you should be able to use this wine cooler to its full potential for a good one to three years. Some said it lasted for about five years. To ensure the proper maintenance of this wine fridge, carefully read the owner’s manual. While negative reviews expressed concern about defective units becoming defective in less than a year, positive reviews highlighted reliability and quiet performance.
- Quiet performance
- No vibrations
- Dual-zone operation with a wide temperature range
- Double-paneled glass door with UV protection
- Dual temperature displays and temperature settings
- Soft blue LED light (zero warmth)
- Internal fans for optimum air distribution
- Glassdoor has no partition in the middle so you access both zones every time.
- Wide-neck bottles do not fit on the wire racks
- Not built-in capable
In conclusion, the EdgeStar TWR215ESS is a wine cooler that offers good value for the money. Compared to the more expensive EdgeStar wine coolers, it is less expensive but still provides quality cooling performance. This wine cooler is chic and goes well with a contemporary kitchen design. This wine cooler is only freestanding, so it is not built with ventilation requirements that would enable it to be integrated under kitchen counters.
The EdgeStar TWR215ESS is a highly affordable yet dependable wine cooler that only takes up a small amount of space. It features glass doors, removable metal racks, dual temperature displays, up and down button controls, soft blue LED lights, even cooling, sun protection, and a quiet, vibration-free performance.
However, if you want to see more wine coolers from EdgeStar, check out our guide to the Top 9 Best EdgeStar Wine Fridges.
Roseanne is an avid wine enthusiast, and has been our expert wine connoisseur since day 1. She’s extremely informed about all varieties of wine and different types of wine fridges.