Today’s product review will focus on an ultra-slim, barely-there wine cooler from a well-known wine refrigeration brand. The EdgeStar CWR70SZ 6-Inch 7 Bottle Built-In Wine Cooler is the focus of our review. It’s a slim built-in wine cooler that can be installed in even the smallest of spaces.
We research and review all aspects of wine coolers, including their features, technical specs, pros, cons, and everything else you need to know before purchasing this model, as we frequently do here at Love Craft Wines. Is it the wine cooler that you want to install in your home? To find out, read this quick review or skip to the summary.
- Height – Approximately 35 inches
- Width – Approximately 6 inches
- Depth – Approximately 21 inches including the handles
- Weight – 42 pounds
Capacity and Design:
The EdgeStar CWR70SZ has six metal shelves, each with space for up to seven bottles. Larger bottles can be stored in the bottom compartment. Please keep in mind that the bottle capacity in EdgeStar coolers refers to standard 2.75″ Bordeaux bottles. The shelves are removable, making it simple to access the wines and clean them properly.
The overall design is breathtaking. When built into under-the-counter kitchen cabinetry, this wine cooler is barely visible at 6 inches wide. It can also be used as a stand-alone unit. It is best installed for security.
This wine fridge has stainless-trimmed glass door panels. It is hinged for easy installation and includes a large handle that must be installed. If you need less depth, you can go without handles. The door is also reversible, making it easier to personalize depending on where you want the wine fridge to be placed in your kitchen.
The glass panel has a few black dots that are barely visible. This tinted feature protects your wines from UV rays, which is especially important in sunny kitchens. Inside the wine cooler, a soft blue LED-lit display is located in the center. This shows an accurate temperature display as well as a convenient temperature control box.
So, what distinguishes the EdgeStar CWR70SZ from the competition? First and foremost, it is one of the most discrete wine coolers on the market today. If you don’t want to be too obvious with your wine cooler display, this is a great option. Below are some additional highlights about this wine cooler:
- Slim-Fit installation– The EdgeStar CWR70SZ’s 6-inch width and overall compact dimensions make it ideal for installation in small kitchens such as apartments and tiny homes. With this cooler, you can create the ideal wine nook.
- Wide Temperature Spectrum– This wine cooler, like its larger counterparts, has a full temperature range. It can withstand temperatures ranging from 40 to 65°F. Because it is a single-door wine cooler with a small wine bottle capacity, it only has one temperature zone.
- Modern Design– The wine refrigerator can be placed in any kitchen and will blend in seamlessly. While it is ideal for modern, contemporary, or industrial-themed kitchens, its slim body and sleek design make it appropriate for almost any kitchen theme.
- Digital Display and Temperature Control– This feature is also found in larger EdgeStar Wine Cooler models, and we’re glad the EdgeStar CWR70SZ has it. It facilitates temperature setup and maintenance. That soft blue LED light never gets warm to the touch. Instead, it subtly highlights the wine collection without drawing too much attention to it.
- Compressor-Type Wine cooler– This type of cooling mechanism is extremely efficient because it makes use of large internal circulation fans to evenly distribute cool air throughout the wine cooler. This built-in wine fridge is also adequately ventilated on the outside for safety.
The EdgeStar CWR70SZ also comes with a one-year labor warranty. It’s also worth noting that this is a compressor-style wine cooler. Because it is a compressor-type appliance, you will be able to find a local repairman who will do the job if repairs are required after the warranty expires.
Customers who purchased this wine cooler used it in small spaces and in small kitchens. The most common response was a nod to the design of the EdgeStar. It was also simple to install because it is thin and does not require large gaps with large dimensions. Customers also cited its overall quiet performance as a significant factor in their overall satisfaction.
- 6-inches slim build
- Built-in capable
- Quiet performance
- Glass panel
- LED temperature display
- Full temperature range
- Compressor type cooler
- One year labor warranty
- Freestanding-capable but not recommended. The tendency is for the wine fridge to tip over.
- It is quite costly considering its bottle capacity.
The EdgeStar CWR70SZ is compact but extremely functional. It has the characteristics of a larger wine cooler and a larger bottle capacity. This is a good buy if you live in a small studio or apartment and don’t require a lot of space for wine storage. It is compact and takes up little space. Furthermore, it is simple to install, monitor, manage, and access. After unboxing, you can quickly install and get it up and running.
It’s for you if you want a high-quality wine cooler at home but have limited space. This wine cooler has many of the same features as many of EdgeStar’s larger models. It is not for you if you require more storage space for your wine collection. Also, if you’re on a tight budget, a compact wine cooler with the same features as large EdgeStar wine coolers may be out of your price range.
When you buy this wine cooler for small home use, you will fall in love with its features. The features were not compromised in order for you to fully enjoy them. Buy this if you only have a small under-the-counter space and a limited number of wines to store.
If you want to see more wine coolers from EdgeStar, check out our Top 9 Best EdgeStar Wine Coolers Buyers Guide.
Roseanne is an avid wine enthusiast, and has been our expert wine connoisseur since day 1. She’s extremely informed about all varieties of wine and different types of wine fridges.